MHG60989 - Croft house with attached byre, Croft 14 - Laide
Croft house with attached byre, Croft 14 at Laide
Type and Period (2)
- BYRE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- CROFTHOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A survey of the Laide settlement area was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Macintyre, J. in 2011.
Croft 14 lies towards the north end of Laide village. The ground slopes down from an elevation of 34 metres at the head dyke, to 18
metres at the unclassified road that runs from Laide Post Office to Mellon Udrigle, and on down to 9 metres above the rocky shore of Gruinard Bay.
Site 2. Croft house with attached byre. The original stonework is intact. See photograph. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Croft 14, Laide. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.1-11 Site 2.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9003 9258 (14m by 26m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105051 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.