MHG60990 - Building with attached byre and barn, Croft 19 - Laide
Building with attached byre and barn, Croft 19 at Laide
Type and Period (3)
- BYRE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BUILDING (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BARN (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A survey of the Laide settlement area was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Macintyre, J. in 2011.
Croft 19. The croftland is mostly rough grass, with evidence of previous cultivation in the lower part. A drain across the bottom takes the issues to the burn, Allt Na Doire Leithe, and below this drain the area is very wet and boggy.
Site 1. This is seen on the 1st OS map as a rectangular roofed building. Although now partially ruined, it is a house with a two compartment attached barn/byre . <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Croft 19, Laide. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.1-13 Site 1.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8969 9196 (13m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105051 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.