MHG60998 - Barn with attached enclosure, Croft 20 - Laide
Ruined barn with attached enclosure, Croft 20 at Laide
Type and Period (2)
- BYRE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- ENCLOSURE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A survey of the Laide settlement area was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Macintyre, J. in 2011.
Croft 20 is a roughly triangular area of land at the centre of the village of Laide. The ground slopes down from an elevation of 48 metres at the head dyke to 20 metres at the junction of the A832 with the unclassified road that runs from Laide Post Office to Mellon Udrigle.
Site 2. Ruined barn with attached enclosure. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Croft 20, Laide. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.1-12 Site 2.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8978 9170 (18m by 18m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105051 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.