MHG61004 - Wall - Rhiconich
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Alternate Type) FISH TRAP? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- WALL (Post Medieval to 20th Century - 1560 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- None recorded
A wall just off the coast is visible on aerial photography at Rhiconich. It is depicted on the 1st and 2nd edition OS Maps. It measures approximately 70m. Its purpose is unclear as its shape and location in relation to the shoreline do not suggest that it is a fish trap. <1> <2> <3>
The fish trap was photographed during aerial surveys by HES in 2015. See link below to HES Canmore record for photos. <4>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2014. Getmapping aerial photography 2014.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1878. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <4> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 349707.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 2557 5251 (43m by 60m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/349707/rhiconich (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.