MHG61014 - Building with barn/byre - Croft 16, Laide
Ruined building with attached barn/byre, Croft 16 at Laide
Type and Period (3)
- BUILDING (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BARN? (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BYRE? (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A survey of the Laide settlement area was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Macintyre, J. in 2011.
Croft 16. Site 1. The only remaining ruin of an older building on Croft 16 appears to have been a house with attached barn/byre, and with a well preserved doorway and at least one window. There are the remains of corrugated metal roofing, but this may have replaced an original thatched roof as the building was marked on the 1st OS map of 1881, before corrugated iron became available. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Crofts 2, 16, 26, 3, 5, Laide. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.15-19 Site 1.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8972 9129 (12m by 12m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105051 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.