MHG61016 - Crofthouse with barn/byre - Croft 26, Laide
Ruined crofthouse with attached barn/byre, Croft 26 at Laide
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A survey of the Laide settlement area was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Macintyre, J. in 2011.
Croft 26. Site 2. Ruin of rectangular building. One gable remains, and there are two openings on the better preserved east wall, one most likely a doorway and the other possibly a window. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> SHG28312 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Crofts 2, 16, 26, 3, 5, Laide. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.20-26 Site 2.
- <2> SHG27491 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> SHG23411 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8966 9141 (6m by 11m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105051 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.