MHG61024 - Crofthouse - Croft 4, Laide
Crofthouse, Croft 4 at Laide
Type and Period (1)
- CROFTHOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A survey of the Laide settlement area was undertaken by Macinnes, A. and Macintyre, J. in 2011.
Croft 4. There appear to have been no significant houses on the parts of Crofts 4 and 1 that lie above the A832 road, with only a possible unroofed building or enclosure seen on the 1st OS map at the top of Croft 4, nothing of which remains. The croftland of Croft 4 and 1 has undergone much development over the 20th century and only two of the original buildings can be identified, one in a partially ruined state.
Site 1. The crofthouse of Croft 4. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> SHG28313 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2018. Crofts 4 and 1, Laide. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.1-12 Site 1.
- <2> SHG27491 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> SHG23411 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8994 9156 (16m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105051 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.