MHG61031 - Burnt Mound - Glac Dharach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BURNT MOUND (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
This C-shaped burnt mound is situated on the N side of a small burn. It measures 8.5m from E to W by 4.5m transversely, and up to 1.2m in height. The mound is open to the S.
Information from Terry Doe. <1>
There is a mounded feature visible on aerial photography at this location. <2>
Listed in the Treasure Trove database is a flint end scraper, which was a chance find from a burnt mound at Inverewe Estate (TT 120/97). This is possible this site or MHG58291. The end scraper was allocated to Inverness Museum and is listed under Acc. No. 2003.125. The museum's archive files contain a bid form for this end scraper.<3> <4>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 348847.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2014. Getmapping aerial photography 2014. XY
- <3> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 120/97.
- <4> Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 2003.125.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8772 8243 (9m by 7m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/348847/glac-dharach (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.