MHG61033 - Pier - Cnoc na Croiche
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- PIER (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A pier is depicted on the 1st and 2nd edition OS Maps. <1> <2>
Low lying linear pile of cobbles & boulders extending from HWM into sea. Approx. 2.5 m wide, up to 1 m in height & 30 m in length. Partially covered in sand at landward side.
Visited by Scotland's Coastal Heritage at Risk (SCHARP) 27 February 2015. <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-4. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Sutherland (surveyed 1868-73). XY
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Sutherland (surveyed 1903 to 1905).
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: SCAPE Trust. Scotland's Coastal Heritage at Risk (SCHARP). 11861.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 8470 0025 (40m by 55m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://scharp.co.uk/sites-at-risk/11861/ (Link to Scotland's Coastal Heritage at Risk database)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/349469/cnoc-na-croiche (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.