MHG61038 - Jetty - Littleferry
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- JETTY (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
A Jetty is depicted on the 2nd Edition OS Map. <1> <2>
Concrete strip roughly 0.75 m wide & 24 m long with 5 adjacent wooden upright posts to west, 2 to east with 2 perpendicular posts to north.
Visited by Scotland's Coastal Heritage at Risk (SCHARP) 1996. <3>
There are 6 posts to the west (not 5). Jetty 40 m long, then 6.56 m steel boat hull filled with cemented stones, then 2 x 5m timber beams with stones giving another 14m of jetty = 54 m overall.
Visited by Scotland's Coastal Heritage at Risk (SCHARP) 6th February 2013. <3>
- <1> SHG23733 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <2> SHG24159 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Sutherland (surveyed 1903 to 1905).
- <3> SHG27823 Interactive Resource/Online Database: SCAPE Trust. Scotland's Coastal Heritage at Risk (SCHARP). 11816.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8047 9561 (16m by 46m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://scharp.co.uk/sites-at-risk/11816/ (Link to Scotland's Coastal Heritage at Risk database)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/349023/littleferry-house (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.