MHG61133 - Building - Croft 12, North Erradale, Gairloch
Ruined building, Croft 12, North Erradale, Gairloch
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A crofting township, comprising fifty-five roofed buildings, four partially roofed buildings and seven unroofed buildings is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet xliv). Seventeen roofed buildings, two partially roofed buildings and twenty-six unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1968).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 19 April 1996.
1845 North Erradale estate map <1>
A survey of North Erradale was undertaken in 2013 by Macinnes, A. Harnden, A. Blakey, R. and researched by Macintyre, I.
Croft 12, Site 65. Ruined building on a cleared area built in to slope measuring 10 x 6 m with a large flat stone in situ. <2> <3>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <4>
1st Edition OS 6" <5>
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 08/2011. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Gairloch. Yes.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2013. The ruins and features of North Erradale. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.25 Site 66.
- <3> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2013. Crofts 9-14 North Erradale. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.15-17.
- <4> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <5> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.