MHG61147 - Township - Kerracher
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A small township centred on Kerracher Bay is depicted on the 1st and 2nd Edition OS Map. Two roofed building to the north and a long roofed rectangular building (possibly representing a row of buildings) to the south appear on both editions. An additional roofed builing to the SW of the long rectangular building is depicted on the second edition. <1> <2>
The area was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2015. See HES Canmore record for photo. <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1878. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital. XY
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 349841.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 1790 3487 (252m by 277m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/349841/kerracher (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.