MHG61156 - Farmstead - Bagh an t-Srathain
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval to 20th Century - 1560 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
The 1st and 2nd Edition OS maps depict a roofed building and ajoining enclosure. A smaller second roofed building located on the south east corner of the enclosure is depicted on the 1st Edition OS map. This second building is not depicted on the 2nd Edition OS map, but two new roofed building appear, one to the south of the enclosure and one to the north. <1> <2>
The site is now occupied by holiday chalets. <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1878. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital. XY
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 349122.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 0831 2128 (46m by 48m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/349122/bagh-an-t-srathain (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.