MHG61159 - Shieling Huts - Glen Brittle
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SHIELING HUT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Indistinct structures, likely shieling huts, are visible on aerial photography on the NW slop of Glen Brittle. <1> <2>
On the NW facing slopes of Glen Brittle, at 200m OD, is a group of at least 10 shieling huts distributed around two branches of an un-named tributary of the River Brittle These were visible on aerial photographs; RAF CPE/SCOT/372: 3153, 25cm orthorectified aerial photographs. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2010. Getmapping aerial photography 2010. XY
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 347848.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4199 2394 (120m by 120m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/347848/glen-brittle (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.