MHG61166 - Pin - Rattar Burn
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
The NMS catalogue lists a LateBronze Age copper alloy nail head pin, supposedly found on the east bank near the mouth of the Rattar Burn. Listed under Acc. No. 1996.275 but later re-accessioned DO 57. <1>
The pin was submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 24/96) and allocated to the NMS. In NMS paperwork, the findspot is described as from the east bank of Rattat Burn, close to its mouth. The GR is given as approximately ND 252 738. It was found in an area possibly disturbed by the removal of sand overburden exposing a surface of stones and shells (Midden?) in 1995. <2> <3>
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. 1996.275.
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 24/96.
- <3> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 24/96. XY
|Grid reference||Centred ND 2520 7380 (60m by 60m)|
- PIN (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.