MHG61205 - Building - South Erradale, Gairloch
Modernised crofthouse at South Erradale, Gairloch
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (19th Century - 1840 AD to 1850 AD (between))
- None recorded
A field-system and a crofting township comprising thirty-seven roofed, four partially roofed, five unroofed buildings, and ten enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet lvi). The field-system lies at the SE end of the township. Seventeen roofed, one partially roofed, four unroofed buildings, and the field-system are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1969).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 25 April 1996
See MHG21432 for main township record.
A survey of South Erradale was undertaken by Macinnes, A. in 2013.
Croft 26, Site 20. House shown on 1st Edition OS now modernised. <1>
1st Edition OS 6" <2>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs. <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2013. The ruins and features of South Erradale. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.9 Site 20.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7490 7118 (24m by 18m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/104956 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.