MHG61228 - Axehead - Shantullich Farm
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
The NMS catalogue lists a stone axehead with an imperfect cutting edge from Shantullich, Munlochy. It is one of the objects collected by Dr William McLean and part of the collections donated to the NMS after his death in 1931. Listed under Acc. No. AF 709. <1>
Grid reference is indicative of Shantullich Farm area only and does not represent the precise findspot. GW 07/11/2019
- --- Collection/Catalogue: National Museums of Scotland. Catalogue of objects in Maclean Collection 1931. Digital.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Cowie, T. Images of objects in Maclean Collection. Colour. . Digital.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AF 709.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6400 5400 (60m by 60m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.