MHG61258 - Building - South Erradale, Gairloch
Footings of building and lintel stone at South Erradale, Gairloch.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (19th Century to 20th Century - 1881 AD? to 1904 AD? (between))
- None recorded
A field-system and a crofting township comprising thirty-seven roofed, four partially roofed, five unroofed buildings, and ten enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet lvi). The field-system lies at the SE end of the township. Seventeen roofed, one partially roofed, four unroofed buildings, and the field-system are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1969).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 25 April 1996
See MHG21432 for main township record.
A survey of South Erradale was undertaken by Macinnes, A. in 2013.
Croft 2. Site 50. Footings and lintel stone. <1>
2nd Edition OS 6"? <2>
Notes; A roofed building is shown in the vicinity on the 2nd Edition OS 6" but could be extant building lying 35 metres to east - see MHG61259. Site not visible on aerial photographs so location approximate. (T. Blackie13/11/19)
|Grid reference||Centred NG 7394 7136 (10m by 10m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/104956 (Link to HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.