MHG61262 - Annular Brooch - St.Gilbert Street, Dornoch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
Information from the Treasure Trove database describes a Medieval annular brooch discovered during metal detecting in the Dornoch area. It was allocated to Historylinks Museum. TT 205/09. <1>
See attached TT artefact report. For the weight, see MHG61263. <2>
Historylinks museum Acc. No. for the annular brooch is 2002_247_021. <3>
The annular brooch is pictured on the Dornoch Historylinks Image Library, No. 9701. See link below. <4>
No location, other than Dornoch, is given for the brooch by Treasure Trove. The description accompanying the picture on the Historylinks Image Library says the brooch is from a garden on St. Gilbert street. The record has thus been assigned a general location on St. Gilbert Street, and is indicative only. GW 14/11/19
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 205/09.
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 205/09.
- <3> Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Finds Collection at Historylinks Museum. 2002_247_021.
- <4> Interactive Resource/Online Database: Dornoch Historylinks. Dornoch Historylinks Image Library. No. 9701. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7958 8972 (60m by 60m)|
- ANNULAR BROOCH (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://www.historylinksarchive.org.uk/picture/number9701.asp (Link to online Dornoch Historylinks Image Library)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/339572/dornoch (Link to online HER Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.