MHG61393 - Strap Fitting - Dores
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
The Treasure Trove database records two objects found by metal detecting at Dores (TT 324/12). One is copper alloy strap fitting, heavily gilded and decorated with a stylised floray motif on its front. The style and nature of the fitting is consistant with example of equestrian fittings from the 13th century. It was allocated to Inverness Museum. See attached TT artefact report for further details. <1> <2>
Listed under Acc. Nos. 2013.023.001 in the IMAG catalogue. <3>
See MHG61394 for other object.
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full GR for the strap fitting is held by Treasure Trove. GW 17/07/20
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 324/12. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 324/12.
- <3> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2013.023.001.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6000 3500 (20m by 20m)|
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.