MHG61394 - Toy Axehead - Dores
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The Treasure Trove database records two objects found by metal detecting at Dores (TT 324/12). One is lead alloy toy axe, shaft now missing. It is an unsually large example and is a copy of the standard wood working axe of the post-medieval period. It was allocated to Inverness Museum. See attached TT artefact report. <1> <2>
Listed under Acc. Nos. 2013.023.002 in the IMAG catalogue. <3>
See MHG61393 for other object.
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full GR for the toy axe is held by Treasure Trove. GW 17/07/20
- <1> SHG28208 Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 324/12. XY
- <2> SHG28370 Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 324/12.
- <3> SHG25836 Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2013.023.002.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6000 3500 (20m by 20m)|
- TOY (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.