MHG61395 - Shoulder Belt Plate or Pouch Plate - Croy
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (18th Century - 1701 AD to 1800 AD)
- None recorded
An 18th century military shoulder belt or pouch plate is recorded in the Treasure Trove database (TT 12/14). It is oval in shape, 75mm by 55mm and bears a rose and thistle motif. The attachment holes appear to have been added which do not respect the this design. It was allocated to Inverness Museum. See attached TT artefact report for further details. <1> <2>
Listed under Acc. No. 2014.046 in the IMAG catalogue. <3>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full GR for the object is held by Treasure Trove. GW 10/07/20
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 12/14. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 12/14.
- <3> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2014.046.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7900 4800 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||CROY AND DALCROSS|
- SHOULDER PLATE? (18th Century - 1701 AD to 1800 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.