MHG61473 - Brooches and Coins - Nairn
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Several medieval and later finds were discovered during metal decting around Balblair. Four objects (a cast medieval copper alloy brooch with decoration, a 17th-18th century copper alloy heart shaped brooch and two 17th century coins) were found in the same field. These were submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 109/14) and allocated to Nairn Museum. See attached TT report for details. <1> <2>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. Full GRs for the individual objects are held by Treasure Trove. GW 24/07/20
- --- Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Finds Collection at Nairn Museum.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 109/14. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 109/14.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8700 5500 (20m by 20m)|
- ANNULAR BROOCH (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- BROOCH (17th Century to 18th Century - 1601 AD to 1800 AD)
- COIN (17th Century - 1601 AD to 1700 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.