MHG61527 - Chape - Viewhill, Kincardine Hill
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (16th Century - 1501 AD to 1600 AD)
- None recorded
A post-medieval copper alloy chape was submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 27/95) and allocated to Inverness Museum. It is listed under Acc. No. 1996.007. <1> <2>
Inverness Museum archive files contain a short report, photo and record report on the chape. It was discovered by chance within the garden of Viewhill, Kincardine Hill, Ardgay. It was made of a copper alloy sheet and a wooden core, measuring 176mm by 48mm. It had embossed decoration of repeated zones of floral and geometric designs. It was of probable 16th century date. <3>
Grid reference is indicative of View Hill Croft only and does not represent the exact findspot. GW 18/02/20
- <1> SHG28208 Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 27/95.
- <2> SHG25836 Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 1996.007.
- <3> SHG28371 Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 1996.007. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6038 8896 (60m by 60m)|
- SCABBARD? (16th Century - 1501 AD to 1600 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.