MHG61529 - MD Finds - Whitebridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A medieval copper alloy annular brooch was submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 219/16) and allocated to Inverness Museum. It bore a cast geometric design on one side. It was made of sheet metal and had no pin.
Also submitted to Tresure Trove from the same findspot were several post-medieval finds. 3 of these were claimed (TT 220/16) and allocated to Inverness Museum. These comprised a thumb piece from a Land Pattern musket, which was stamped with letting in two rows (NO64/ID), a partial iron screw fitting and a lead projectile with multiple indents, possibly from teeth marks.
6 other post-medieval objects were disclaimed (TTNC 2017/007). These comprised: a nested weight-set lid with a shaped handle, fleur de Lis mark and unidentified maker mark, a plain whorl or weight, 2 copper alloy turners, a 17th century trapezoidal frame buckle and a square framed buckle. <1>
The annular brooch is listed under Acc. No. 2018.014 in the Inverness Museum catalogue. <2>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full grid reference for the objects is held by Treasure Trove. GW 03/07/20
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4900 1500 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||BOLESKINE AND ABERTARFF|
- ANNULAR BROOCH (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- SPINDLE WHORL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- MUSKET (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- PROJECTILE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- SCREW (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.