MHG61544 - Possible worked Flint and Fragment of Alter Stone - Noss Farm
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Undated)
- None recorded
A possible worked flint of a dark colour is listed from Noss Farm in the Treasure Trove database. No action was taken. <1>
A fragment of medieval alter stone was submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 43/14). It was allocated to Dunbeath Heritage Museum. See attached TT artefact report. <1> <2>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal. A full grid reference for the alter stone is held by Treasure Trove. GW 03/07/20
- --- Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Dunbeath Heritage Centre Archives.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 43/14. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 43/14.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3700 5400 (20m by 20m)|
- FLAKE (Mesolithic to Late Bronze Age - 8000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- ALTAR (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.