MHG62042 - MD Assemblage - Dornoch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A metal detecting assemblage of 28 medieval and post-medieval objects was submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 82/07) and allocated to Inverness Museum. The assemblage comprises a iron key, copper alloy buckles, lead alloy cross, copper alloy annular brooch, copper alloy book clasps, bronze sheeting and rivets, bronze vessel fragment, bronze nest weight cup, lead weight or spindle whorl, copper alloy loack plate, leads objects and spindle whorls. They are listed under Acc. Nos. 2008.036.001-028. See attached TT report for further information and photos. <1> <2>
Four figure grid reference given is marginal only. More detailed findspot locationinformation is held by Treasure Trove. GW 03/09/20
- --- Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 2008.036.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 82/07. XY
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 82/07.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7900 9100 (20m by 20m)|
- ASSEMBLAGE (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/338890/dornoch (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.