MHG62311 - Burial Ground - Killundine
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BURIAL ENCLOSURE (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The burial-ground at Killundine (at NM 5795 4988), which contains the 19th-century burial-enclosure of the family of Cheape of Killundine, is of recent origin.
GIS spatial data created in 2021 based on feature as shown on OS MasterMap. <1>
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1980. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. Argyll: an inventory of the monuments volume 3: Mull, Tiree, Coll and Northern Argyll (excluding the early medieval and later monuments of Iona). . 149-50, No. 303; plan, illust.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Watson, W J. 1926. The history of the Celtic place-names of Scotland: being the Rhind lectures on archaeology (expanded) delivered in 1916. 304.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 71, 75.
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NM 5796 4989 (37m by 48m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.