MHG62376 - Dyke - Morangie Forest, Edderton
Dyke in Morangie Forest, Edderton
Type and Period (1)
- DYKE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
In August 2015, a walkover survey was undertaken in Morangie Forest, Edderton by Anne Coombs on behalf of the Forestry Commission Scotland to identify and demarcate archaeological sites in advance of pre-thinning operations.
A substantial dyke runs north-south through this section of the forestry and may form part of the division between Tain parish to the east and Edderton parish to the west. It is mainly stone built with some turf in its construction. It is up to c.1.5m high and c.1m wide and forms part of the ride between the east part of the plantation and the west part. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2018 aerial photographs. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7315 8320 (139m by 1621m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.