MHG6469 - Camas-More Mill
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- WATERMILL (Undated)
- HOUSE (Undated)
- None recorded
Camas-more Mill (Corn) (NAT)
OS 25"map, (1878)
Listed under Modern Buildings:- Three meal-mills, one in each district of the parish, ie. Kilmuir, Kilmaluag, and Steinscholl, and all impelled by water.
They are firmly built, slated and well finished (NSA 1845). For Kilmaluag and Steinscholl water mills see NG47SW 11 and NG46NE 11.
Shown on Wm. Johnsons Map of Skye, 1824.
Camas More Mill was demolished about 1920 and a house of about that date occupies its site. Like its associate mills it seems to have been vertical and was probably fitted with buckets or scoops instead of paddles.
Visited by OS (C F W) 26 April 1961.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 3729 7071 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11209 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.