MHG6517 - Hut Circle - Loch Hasco
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC to 560 AD)
- None recorded
NG47SE 3 centred 456 701.
"Sherd from hut-circles near Loch Hasco, Kilmuir, Skye. Presented to NMAS by Mr McCombe, 5 Jasmine Park West, Newcastle, 7."
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1954.
No hut-circles were found during a search of the area around Loch Hasco. Visited by OS (A S P) 25 April 1961.
Sherd listed under Acc. No. HD 1183 in the NMS catalogue. Described as having a soapy, gritless texture. <1>
In reference to the above, there are, however, two possible hut circles c.190m to the west-southwest of Loch Hasco visible on aerial photographs taken in 1999-2001 (see MHG62010 and MHG62011).
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1954. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 86 1951-2, p.209-18. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 209-18. 211.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. HD 1183.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4559 7010 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- SHERD (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC to 560 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11385 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.