MHG6560 - Kilchrist
No summary available.
Type and Period (4)
- STONE QUARRY (Undated)
- MACHINERY PLINTH (Undated)
- SPOIL HEAP (Undated)
- TRAMWAY (Undated)
- None recorded
At the bottom of the NW-facing hillslope which lies to the E of the Broadford to Torrin road is an abandonned quarry with its associated spoil tips, concrete machinery stances and branch line of the Broadford tramway.
Visited by JS Wood 4 April 1990.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Miket, R et al.. 1990. 'Survey', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1990, p.25-8. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 25-8. 28.
- --- Collection/Project Archive: Various. Remembering Strathpeffer. Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). Yes. Digital. Site 69.
- --- Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2012. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Broadford. Yes. Digital. Site 69.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 6207 2011 (300m by 300m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/74987 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.