MHG6855 - Grantown-on-Spey
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BURGH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NJ02NW 22 03 27
See also NJ02NW 5 Old Grantown Village; Market Cross
Erected a burgh of regality in 1694.
G S Pryde 1965.
REFERENCE - Scottish Record Office
RHP 8969 c.1770 Plan of town
N.L.S. Fettercairn Papers MSS. Acc. 4796 Box 182. c.1800 Sketch of the Village of Grantown
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Pryde, G S. 1965. The burghs of Scotland: a critical list. 78, no 432.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Simpson, G G (ed.). 1972. Scotland's medieval burghs: an archaeological heritage in danger. 33.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Watson and Watson, J and W. 1868. Morayshire described: being a guide to visitors, containing notices of ecclesiastical and military antiquities, topographical descriptions of the principal country residences, towns and villages and genealogical notes of the leading families in the county.
- --- Text/Publication/Serial: 1919. Scottish Country Life, Vol 6, No 7. pp 293-296.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Scottish Field. 'Vols for 1950-1990 held. Issues for June, October - December 1952, January - February 1953, April - December 1953, September 1980, January - February 1981, all of 1986 and April 1987 missing.' February 1962, p.34-37. 34-37. February 1962 p.34-37.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 0299 2700 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||CROMDALE, INVERALLAN AND ADVIE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/75136 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.