MHG6944 - Rose of Kilravock Townhouse, High Street, Nairn
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
NH85NE 3 8834 5649.
The town-house of the Roses of Kilravock stood on the north side of the High Street of Nairn. The building was repaired in 1722 and a latin inscription placed on the front. This inscription, and one oak-panelled room of a backwing, still remain.
The Duke of Cumberland occupied this house.
G Bain 1893.
NH 8834 5649 On the front of the house at 36, High Street, is the latin inscription mentioned above. The block of buildings appears to be entirely modern, and the panelled room no longer exists.
Visited by OS (E G C) 30 November 1961.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8834 5648 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15116 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.