MHG6952 - RB Coin Hoard, Nr Nairn
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (CULTURE 79; CULTURE 215; , Roman - 79 AD to 215 AD)
- None recorded
'Some years ago was dug up in a common near Nairn an urn containing a series of Roman silver coins of different emperors, a variety of duplicates, sets of which were presented to the faculty of advocates, and several other cabinets'.
R Gough 1780.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Macdonald, G. 1918. 'Roman coins found in Scotland', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 52 1917-18, p.203-76. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 203-76. 271.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Gough, R. 1780. British topography. Vol. 2, 705.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Robertson, A S. 1978. The circulation of Roman coins in North Britain: the evidence of hoards and site-finds from Scotland. 186-216. 207.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8700 5600 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- VESSEL (Iron Age - 550 BC to 560 AD)
- COIN HOARD (Roman - 79 AD to 409 AD)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15104 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.