MHG7054 - Enclosure, Little Penick
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- PALISADED ENCLOSURE (Undated)
NH95NW 20 932 553.
NH 932 553. Crop-markings visible on air photographs (flown 1976, 1977) 300m SW of Little Penick reveal an annular enclosure about 29m in diameter containing an inner palisade trench. Palisaded homestead (possible).
RCAHMS 1978 <1>
Aerial photographs taken in 2006 show this feature as a cropmark. <2>
- <1> SHG2672 Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1978. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Nairn District, Highland Region. . 16, no.108.
- <2> SHG24076 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Oblique: Bone, J. Aerial photographs of various sites submitted by Jim Bone. Colour. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9321 5534 (119m by 128m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM5086 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15548 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.