MHG7059 - Cinerary Urn, Auldearn
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CREMATION (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NH95NW 16 919 554.
A cinerary urn found 'in Auldearn' is in the Falconer Museum, Forres. Its label states that it is for containing cremated bones which may imply that it was not found in association with cremated bones.
I C Walker 1967
No further information. Visited by OS (RL) 11 December 1970
Information from ARCH Community Timeline Project: Auldearn:
This cannot be located in Falconer Museum, Auldearn, and the Museum does not know its whereabouts. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Walker, I C. 1967. 'The counties of Nairnshire, Moray and Banffshire in the Bronze Age: part I', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 98 1964-6, p.76-125. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 76-125. 121, no.3; 114, fig.7c.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1978. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Nairn District, Highland Region. . 9, No. 27.
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 08/2011. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Auldearn. Yes. Site 11.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9189 5540 (6m by 6m)|
- VESSEL (Undated)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15543 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.