MHG7139 - St. Bridget's Chapel, Alhansallach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHAPEL (Early Medieval to 19th Century - 561 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH98SW 17 914 840.
St Bridget's Chapel lies "a short mile" E of Portmahomack Church, at Alhansallach. No account of this chapel can be obtained by tradition or otherwise; by whom it was built or to what order it belonged.
W Macfarlane 1906-8.
Neither St Bridget's Chapel nor the name Alhansallach are known locally. Visited by OS (A A) 14 September 1972.
Mitchell, Sir A and Clark, J T (eds.), 1906-8, Geographical collections relating to Scotland, Vol. 1, 215 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2441.
RCAHMS, 1979, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region, 28, No. 243 (Text/Report). SHG2670.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Mitchell, Sir A and Clark, J T (eds.). 1906-8. Geographical collections relating to Scotland. Vol. 1, 215.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 28, No. 243.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9139 8400 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15640 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.