MHG7166 - Chapel, Dalnahiglish
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHAPEL (Medieval - 1058 AD? to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
NH94SE 2 c. 96 44
No traces are visible of a pre-Reformation chapel recorded at Ferness (village centred NH 962 449) and possibly associated with St Luag. (Dalnaheiglish - name at NH 952 446 on OS 6" map, Nairnshire, 1st ed., (1874), sheet viii - means 'meadow of the church'.)
NSA 1845; H Scott et al 1915-61; RCAHMS 1978, visited May 1978.
- --- SHG2597 Text/Publication/Volume: NSA. 1845. The new statistical account of Scotland by the ministers of the respective parishes under the superintendence of a committee of the society for the benefit of the sons and daughters of the clergy. Vol. 13, Nairn, 39.
- --- SHG2672 Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1978. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Nairn District, Highland Region. . 16, No. 118.
- --- SHG2773 Text/Publication/Volume: Scott, H et al (eds.). 1915-61. Fasti ecclesiae Scoticanae: the succession of ministers in the Church of Scotland from the Reformation. Rev.. Vol. 6, 435.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9600 4400 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15493 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.