MHG7172 - Cist burial, Daltulich
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CIST (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
- BURIAL (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2400 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
NH94NE 4 9802 4863.
(NH 9802 4863) Stone Coffin containing Human Remains found AD. 1860 (NAT).
OS 6"map, Nairnshire, 2nd ed., (1906)
The find was made about 1860. Name Book 1869.
The find-spot of this cist falls on a shallow shelf in an arable field. No trace of any significant features could be seen.
Visited by OS (R D) 20 August 1965.
- --- SHG2672 Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1978. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Nairn District, Highland Region. . 9, No. 29.
- --- SHG3029 Text/Publication/Article: Richard Milne, Margaret F Bruce & N W Kerr. 1974. 'Short cist at Mains of Daltulich, Nairnshire.', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 104 1971-2, p.283-85. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 283-85. 283-85.
- --- SHG3350 Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 2, 28.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9801 4863 (6m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15485 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.