MHG7191 - Chapel, Knockoudie Wood
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHAPEL (Medieval - 1058 AD to 1559 AD)
- None recorded
NH95SW 6 910 534.
A chapel was founded at Kincraggie by John Hay of Tullybothil, in 1374. The site of the chapel, which was dedicated to St Mary was in all probability at the high ground where the streamlet known as Craggie Burn takes its rise. (? area NH 9102 5345 in area of what is now wood but was in 1868 a patch of rough pasture).
G Bain 1928
No local knowledge of chapel, no trace of a building at suggested site. Visited by OS (RL) 17 December 1970
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9100 5340 (40m by 40m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15600 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.