MHG7212 - Possible Ring Cairn, Golford Cottages
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- RING CAIRN (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- (Alternate Type) STONE CIRCLE (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
A 'stone circle', which was possibly a Clava cairn, and several empty cists were removed from here about 1863.
RCAHMS 1978, visited May 1978
Site falls in an almost flat arable field. No further information. Visited by OS (RD) 16 August 1965.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1978. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Nairn District, Highland Region. . 7, no.5.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No.3, 69.
- --- Text/Publication/Monograph: Henshall, A S. 1963. The chambered tombs of Scotland, Volume 1. 388, no.NRN 4.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9615 5488 (80m by 80m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15578 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.