MHG7498 - Cist & Urn, Rheguile
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CIST (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
NH68NE 15 6881 8585.
Stone Coffin and Urn found AD. 1852 (NAT)
OS 6" map, Ross-shire, 2nd ed., (1907)
On a piece of rough ground on the farm-steading of Requill, a stone coffin with an urn was found in 1852. The urn crumbled to pieces on being exposed.
Name Book 1874.
This find-spot lies on top of a natural knoll covered with broom. No features of interest were seen.
Visited by OS (W D J) 16 May 1963.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 16, No. 106.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 10, 11.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6880 8584 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- VESSEL (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13814 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.