MHG7513 - Burial Cist, 160m W of Corbet Castle
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- CIST (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- CREMATION (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Stone Cist found AD. 1865 (NAT) OS 25" map, Ross-shire, (1873)
A small stone cist was found in reclaiming land in 1865, about 160m W of Corbet Castle (NH98SW 12). It contained a small urn with calcined bones and ashes.
Name Book 1872.
No further information. Visited by OS (I S S) 15 September 1972.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Easter Ross, Ross and Cromarty District, Highland Region. . 15, No. 94.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 30, 59.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9008 8323 (6m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- VESSEL (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15636 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.