MHG7541 - Arineckaig
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Centred on 985 455
Some of the walls of these buildings survive to a height of about 1.3m, and may incorporate natural rock formations. To the NW of the township, at about NG 9854 4567, there is what is probably a corn-drying kiln and numerous hollows of indeterminate origin set into a fluvio-glacial hummock. <1>
A township comprising one unroofed, one partially roofed and twenty-two roofed buildings and two lengths of field wall is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1880, sheet civ). One roofed and twelve unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1973).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 3 May 1996
Photographs of this site together with an annoted plan were submitted by a visitor to the HER website in August 2008. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9850 4550 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/78846 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.