MHG7578 - Douchary
No summary available.
Type and Period (3)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
- SHEEP FOLD (Undated)
- None recorded
NH29SW 36 centred on 245 901
'Under present ruins, S side, earlier enclosure and foundations (shielings recorded here in 1589).'
T C Welsh 1992.
Two roofed, three unroofed buildings, an enclosure and sheepfold are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire and Cromartyshire 1881, sheet xxiii). Three unroofed buildings, part of an enclosure and a sheepfold are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1968).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 16 February 1996
|Grid reference||Centred NH 2450 9009 (60m by 60m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/81070 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.