MHG7598 - Bothy, Loch an T-Sidhein
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Alternate Type) BOTHY? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- STRUCTURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Small bothy (listed, no details given). <1>
Roughly made bothy of variable size and shaped stones. Sub-rectangular with entrance to the NW. Pile of stones external to one corner up to 1m high. 1.3m by 1m internal diameter.
Recorded in Mary MacDonalds 1992 shieling survey in the Torridon area of Wester Ross.
J Aitken : 12/12/00.
This structure was recorded during a desk based assessment and walkover survey undertaken by J Wordsworth and J Harden at Torridon for the National Trust for Scotland in 1996-2002. Nearby was a wee stone structure. <2>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: MacDonald, M. 1992. ''Torridon shieling survey (Applecross, Gairloch and Lochcarron parishes)'', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1992, p.44-5. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 44-5. 44.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth, J. & Harden, J.. 2002. Torridon Archaeological Survey 1996-2002. The National Trust for Scotland (NTS). 13/01/2003. Paper and Digital. TOR008.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8257 5946 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/80952 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.