MHG7709 - Cist w beaker, Poolewe
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CIST (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NG87NE 10 8600 7973.
NG 860 796. A short cist was found during road work, at a depth of 18 inches, on June 13th, 1938. It contained a short - necked beaker which was loaned in 1963 to the NMAS (L:1963:28) by Mrs Mackenzie. (Information contained in letter from J McIntyre, Scot-Tower of Fairburn, Muir of Ord, 1962)
A S Henshall 1966.
NG 8600 7973 - Sited from Local enquiry.
Visited by OS (J T T) 10 October 1964.
Beaker on display in Gairloch Musem (2011). <2>
- --- Text/Record Form/Project Recording Form: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2019. Finds Collection at Gairloch Museum.
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Henshall and Longworth, A S and I H. 1966. 'Three beakers from Wester Ross', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 97 1963-4, p.245-9. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 245-9. 245; fig. 3.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 08/2011. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Gairloch. Yes. Site 8.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8599 7973 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- BEAKER (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11938 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.