MHG7883 - Nicolson Mackenzie Memorial Hospital, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOSPITAL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
NH45NE 26 4803 5806.
The hospital was built in 1895 (opened 1896), to a design by W. C. Joass, though it has been extended many times. It originally had a tower, which no longer exists. It developed as a specialist rheumatology unit, which was passed over to the NHS in 1948. Later it was moved to the Peterkin Maternity Unit in Dingwall. The original plans are on display in the current rheumatology unit. It is now a private home, known as Mackenzie House.
Information from Fiona Newton; Kitty Campbell, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011 <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4802 5807 (71m by 84m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB13238 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12421 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.