MHG7927 - Laide Jetty
Type and Period (2)
- JETTY (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- LANDING POINT (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Low stone built jetty associated with the salmon station. Little sign of any commercial use now.
Wester Ross Project - Cathy Dagg, 03/04
'...NG902925, 19th century. A neatly built coursed-rubble pier....'
J R Hume 1977
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <1>
2nd Edition OS 6" <2>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Graham, A and Gordon, J. 1988. 'Old harbours in northern and western Scotland', Proc Soc Antiq Scot, Vol 117 (1987), pp 265-352. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland. Digital. 326.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 288.
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9019 9253 (51m by 8m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12068 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.